So THIS happened...Meditation thoughts pt.1



Meditation- I have never once considered myself to be a person for whom meditation would “work.” My reasonings were simple:
-My brain is too active.
-I cannot sit still.
 -I get bored.
These are just a few of the reasonings I gave.
Heck. I had tried it a handful of times over the past 20 years so I figured I knew it what I was talking about. It simply wasn’t for me.
Now don’t get me wrong, I really wanted to meditate. I really wanted to be someone who was able to let go and focus on breathing, perhaps meeting my divine self in a state of calm bliss. LOL! But yeah. No.
:(
Couple that with the fact that the one time I successfully meditated was probably 15-20 years ago and I opened myself up to some sort of spirit attack— (I am not making this up, believe me. It was TERRIFYING and I didn’t even know it was possible!!), I have always had this complicated relationship with meditation.
Fast forward to spring/summer 2019. Life has been going really quite well. I am content and basically satisfied with where my choices have landed me. I was meeting new people and forging new relationships (a big deal to my personality type) but I was also feeling a little burned out. No earthly reason, just simply feeling it.
While visiting with my sister and her family, we were talking about both of our current emotional/spiritual states, and she brought up an internet discussion from her “Physicians Mommy Group” page. Now, this group is a gathering of highly educated professional women doctors...SCIENTISTS!! And they were having a metaphysical discussion...and it happened to be about past lives and how current life satisfaction is affected by ALL of our choices up until this point.  They were also recommending and discussing a book on past life regression by Dr. Brian Weiss. My sister picked it up and was reading it and LOVED it and recommended I do the same.
So I did.
And they were all right.
And it changed my life.
So what does this have to do with anything? Meditation especially?
Dr. Weiss has some guided meditation recordings available and I decided to give one a try. The focus of his particular meditation is connecting with one’s SPIRIT guides or SPIRIT self and exploring past life incarnations with the hopes of gaining insight into today’s incarnation and the choices one makes in this experience.
So I figured “What the heck? Let’s give it a go!”
And I did.
And it “worked.”
And I was FLOORED!
 My first meditation gave me glimpses of past lives I would never have expected. (Uhhhh... why on earth do I see myself in the middle of the German trenches during WWI ?!)
More importantly it taught me that I could, in fact, get into a meditative state. It may not be what I expected it to be. It may not be like everything I’ve read, but it was still real. And it was mine. And MOST importantly, it taught me to try again.
And try again I did!
And that’s where the real story begins...
So if you are still reading this blog, please stay tuned.
I will be sharing more of my meditation experiences and let me just say: INTENSE and literally out of this world. And I have no idea how and/or why, but it is!
Thanks so much for reading! Until next time XOXOX!
-Tina
PS- ONLY LOVE IS REAL! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m PROUD of YOU! Yes...YOU!

Not All Heroes Wear Capes